Texas Health Resources
2016 / 2017 Becker's Healthcare's "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare"
Named #1 on the Fortune's and Great Place to Work "20 Best Workplaces in Health Care”
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States.
Texas Health is in search of Full Time, Part Time, and PRN Registered Respiratory Therapist Professionals to join the Respiratory Teams at select facilities in North Texas.
We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Minimum Education Requirements:
Graduate of AMA approved Respiratory Care Program.
Minimum Licensure / Certification Requirements:
RCP - Texas Respiratory Care Practitioner required
RRT - Registered Respiratory Therapist required
BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support required
ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support preferred
NRP - Neonatal Resuscitation Program preferred
Minimum Experience Requirements:
1 year of Respiratory Therapy Med/Surg or critical care experience preferred.
Minimum Skill Requirements:
Excellent verbal communications, good interpersonal skills, and computer experience.
Essential Job Functions:
Patient Assessment/Plan of Care
• Obtains/verifies physician order for therapy and validate for appropriateness.
• Reviews available medical records and obtain pertinent medical history from patient or family.
• Evaluates each patient using age and diagnosis appropriate assessment tests and measurements.
• Applies appropriate patient care interventions according to protocol guidelines and priority of care.
• Demonstrates competence in the performance of age appropriate patient assessment and individualizes care based on age specific needs.
• Uses therapeutic treatment techniques appropriate to patient age and desire for treatment.
• Performs treatment procedures that are within the scope of the professional license.
• Performs/delegates technical procedures appropriately and safely.
• Determine patient response to treatment and evaluate progress (reassessment).
• Educates patient and family through instruction, demonstration, or appropriate handouts in treatment plan, safety issues, and home programs/self management.
• Maintain bedside and ventilator alarms in audible position.
• Maintains patient safety throughout treatment.
• Communicates with physicians and other healthcare personnel as appropriate regarding patient care issues.
• Demonstrates competence in the performance of age appropriate patient treatment and individualizes care based on age specific needs.
• Administers medication in a safe/correct manner, adhering to medication administration guidelines.
• Reports unsafe conditions and equipment in proper/timely manner.
• Responds to emergency situations.
• Documents verification of physician orders prior to delivery of care.
• Documents aspects of each treatment session in accordance with departmental, JCAHO, Medicare, and other applicable regulatory guidelines.
• Documents assessments of education needs, education provided, and patient understanding of education provided in accordance with departmental, JCAHO, Medicare, and other applicable regulatory guidelines.
• Reports and documents unusual occurrences, on the job injuries, and medical device malfunctioning.
• Enters patient charges and record procedures according to departmental guidelines.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Apply online today!
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures, and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
BENEFITS AT A GLANCE:
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Health Care Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- AD&D Insurance
- Disability Coverage
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Other benefits: Adoption Assistance, and Credit Union
Preferred Years Of Experience:1 Year(s)
Education Required:2 Year Degree - AS
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :