Rochester Regional Health
As a Registered Respiratory Therapist, your knowledge, strong attention to detail, compassion and analytical capabilities ensure meaningful, personalized care for each respiratory patient.
STATUS: Full Time, Part Time & Per Diem
LOCATION: Rochester General Hospital, Unity Hospital & Newark-Wayne Community Hospital
- Recent acute care experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional customer service
- Patient Care. Review and evaluate history, physical exams, current vital signs, admission and current respiratory care orders for each patient; advise providers on appropriate respiratory care procedure and techniques
- Planning & Documentation. Initiate and update respiratory care plan for all patients per department policy and procedure; work collaboratively with other members of the healthcare team to implement the plan of care; monitor and document all pertinent clinical parameters and assessments on all assigned patients; modify treatment techniques based on patient response
- Education & Communication. Provide and document patient education for therapeutic procedures performed; communicate information regarding patient's clinical status to appropriate members of healthcare team; participate in the instruction and orientation of Respiratory Care team members, students and other allied health professional
Any physical requirements reported by a prospective employee and/or employee's physician or delegate will be considered for accommodations.
• AAS Degree in Respiratory Care from an accredited Respiratory Care Program
• Has ability to read, write and speak English.
• Maintain continuing education credits required for re-credentialing by the NBRC
• Maintain continuing education credits required for re-licensure by NYS
• Current license from the State of New York as a Respiratory Therapist (RT).
• Current BLS certification.
Education Required:2 Year Degree - AS
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :